S.A. Garcia's Mutterings, Whimpers and Rants

S.A. Garcia's Mutterings, Whimpers and Rants. World Domination by 2020. Or 2025. Probably never.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Can't Please Everyone

The Dreamspinner group has been buzzing over reviews. Face it, authors love to wonder why a person made certain declarations about a story, especially if others were generally pleased with the writing, characters and other things near and dear to the word geeks.

I'm no different. I look around, read comments and restrain from replying. When I first read something that stings, I grumble, write a reply, delete said reply and say what the hell, some like chocolate, others like mint. I need to find the folks who savor mint chocolate mint.

Trouble is this last review I read made my fingers twitch. Granted it's early morning, I am tired and should be sleeping. But there you go, that's what I receive for peeking before I place my head on the pillow.

But when someone disparages my characters, I go into tiger mode. Yeah, that's what has my tail twitching.

Again, so what. 

Logical mind will keep whispering those words in my ear as I sleep.





No comments:

Post a Comment