S.A. Garcia's Mutterings, Whimpers and Rants

S.A. Garcia's Mutterings, Whimpers and Rants. World Domination by 2020. Or 2025. Probably never.

Friday, October 19, 2012

GRL 2012 Day 1

How great to meet fellow authors I have chatted with online. Most of the authors are roaming around peering at each other's name tags before exclaiming "Well hello you!" Lots of hugging.

Standing next to TJ Klune made me feel like a short shadow. He and Andrew Grey rubbed the paperbacks of my new release "Cupid Knows Best" to give me luck. I need all help I can get.

Last night featured plenty of free eats at the MRL Welcome Party. What a packed house. We estimated at least 95% of the attendees showed up for the event. I'm easy to please; offer me spinach and cheese stuffed mushroom caps, coconut shrimp and mini-crab cakes and I'm a happy camper. No need to waste money on dinner!

More drinks and hilarity occurred at the Fusion Lounge. I'll never look at a bowl-shaped cocktail glass the same way ever again. 

After that, it was time to watch the strippers at the Gentleman's Juke Club. Damon Suede hit the stage with one of the dancers and damn, yowzer, Damon beat the pro's hip-swiveling moves. High entertainment!

Did I mention Hayley B. James's contribution to the swag tables? Dark chocolate cocks on a stick.

Day two is underway!



No comments:

Post a Comment